Archive

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sutrastore - Ifuwannitoo

Welcome to our second trip-hop entry here on The Mix Tapes. Please correct me if I'm characterizing this genre incorrectly. For the life of me I can't figure out how I found out about Sutrastore, but I found their name on my Zune a few days ago, and thought "well I don't recall that name..." so I listened to it and it was the most pleasant surprise I got that day. Sutrastore's music features sometimes a female singer, sometimes a male singer; this is one of the only songs where they both sing together, and it sounds just divine. The girl has one of those raspy jazzy voices but it's so soothing at the same time. However, the thing I love the most about this song, is that solo at the beginning that sounds like a... harmonica? I could be wrong, but it sets a really nice mood for the rest of the song.



--Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment