Archive

Friday, November 28, 2008

Broken Social Scene - Hotel

Broken Social Scene is kind of like the Big Bang of music: a group of random really talented musicians traveling at high speeds crashing into each other, expelling a large amount of energy and creating something complex and beautiful at the same time. Or at least that's how I've always envisioned it.

It was funny how I actually came across BSS. I was in HMV, at one of those booths with a bunch of cds and a set of headphones, and I was looking for some new sound. One of the cds turned out to be pretty good so I found it on the supposed location and bought it. Thanks to the highly competent staff in retail, the cd (you guessed it, BSS) wasn't the same band I had listened to. Although it was a pleasant surprise, and I don't regret it one bit, I would still like to know who it was I was listening to at the booth.

So BSS is a Canadian group composed of x amount of people (this number tends to change randomly), and their sound is kind of experimental rock I'm guessing... I'm really bad at categorizing genres (I could say this is because labeling is bad, but in reality I just don't know my genres very well). Once again, one of those bands where it was really difficult to choose just one song to post. This is a hint to go listen to more of their stuff.



--Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment