Archive

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trooper - Bright White Sports Car (and a little rant)

I've had this song stuck in my head all day, so you get to listen to it too.
Here is one of my favourite classic rock songs, and one of my favourite songs ever! This is a blast, from even my dads past.
But I would also like to take a moment to talk about todays music.
Or at least bands in general. A lot more people are picking up instruments these days. With general interest, or playing to much guitar hero/rock band, we're seeing more garage bands. And with technology today, these small time bands can get their music out there to more than just their mom and the local bar. But this means a few things with the way music is heading as an artform, but most of it good. With more people creating music, we start getting different "sounds", also known as originality. This, in turn, opens up new genres of music. Where once there was just rock, it has seperated into other music types, such as punk, metal, classic, and so on. And even these sub-genres have gotten so big that they have branched off as well: Metal has got Heavy, Power, Progressive, and even "nerd" metal. This goes for all genres. There's light country, rock country, and a few types in between as well.
With new bands turning out new music, listeners are able to find exactly what they want. Sure, a lot of new bands will turn out a little (or a lot of) crap, they are learning, and experimenting, just as you "experiment" when you listen to a new song to see if you like it.I guess this is just a long way of me saying: This is a great age in music, and this form of entertainment will only continue to grow and impress us, whatever it is you listen too.

But back to my original post, some of the old stuff never gets old:


--Jeffrey


1 comment:

  1. Did anyone else notice that there are now two posts about cars?

    White sports cars are ugly anyways.

    I don't understand, why is it spelled "Stole'n"?

    ReplyDelete