Archive

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton - The Maid Needs a Maid

About 99% of people in the indie music scene should know about Emily Haines: the talented lead singer of Metric. Well, since Metric is already the over milked poster child for indie music, I've decided to post a song from her side venture instead. This song has been stuck in my head all day.

Haines once said during an interview that as she was writing this song, she gained an understanding of WHY men need women, and why women need maids. She realized that what she really needed in life was a good wife (despite being completely straight), just to take care of her. I was just having the same discussion this morning with my roommate about how great it would be to have a good wife to cook and clean for me. (Don't worry Jeff, this is not a hint.)



--Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment